NepalIsrael.com auto goggle feed
The Israeli Air Force on Thursday carried out a targeted strike seemingly aimed at wiping out the military and political leadership of the Iran-backed Houthis in Yemen, in what Hebrew media outlets said was its most dramatic strike in the country yet.
The strike was first reported by the Houthi-run Al Masirah TV, and then confirmed by Defense Minister Israel Katz and the Israel Defense Forces, though they did not confirm the targets.
According to multiple media reports in Israel that cited unnamed security officials, Israeli intelligence learned that 10 Houthi ministers, including the defense minister, and other senior officials, were gathering outside Sanaa to hear a planned speech by the group’s leader, Abdul Malik al-Houthi. The Israeli Air Force then launched a strike targeting the meeting.
Residents of the Houthi-controlled capital told Reuters that the attacks struck an area near the presidential complex and a building in southern Sanaa.
The outcome of the strike was not immediately clear.
It was also not clear which members of the Houthi leadership were present, or if the group’s chief of staff, Muhammad al-Ghamari, was in attendance.
Israeli intelligence provided real-time details of the gathering, enabling the strike, which was carried out despite heavy air defenses in the area, reports said. As al-Houthi delivered his address, Israel reportedly monitored it to see whether he realized senior officials were being targeted, and he gave no indication of being aware, the reports said.
⚡️⭕️ Sayyid Abdul-Malik al-Houthi stressed that many European states are not exerting any real pressure to stop the ongoing genocide in Gaza.
Yemen.
28th of August, 2025. pic.twitter.com/AExHIkvd75— Middle East Observer (@ME_Observer_) August 28, 2025
Katz’s office said that along with IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Eyal Zamir and senior commanders, he had coordinated with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu before authorizing the operation.
“As we warned the Houthis in Yemen: After the plague of darkness comes the plague of the firstborn,” Katz said in a statement, a reference to the Biblical Ten Plagues of Egypt, possibly confirming that top Houthi figures were the target.
In a statement confirming an attack without details, the IDF accused the Houthis of acting aggressively since the start of the war with Hamas in Gaza, aiming to harm Israel and its allies, destabilize the regional order and disrupt global maritime freedom.
“The IDF is acting forcefully against the Houthi terror regime, alongside intensifying operations against Hamas in Gaza, and will continue to act to eliminate all threats to Israeli civilians,” the military said.
An unnamed senior official told Channel 12 news outlet that Israel had been ready to target Houthi leadership as part of a different strike on Sanaa earlier this week, but ultimately waited until Thursday.
While officials have cast the strike in dramatic terms, previous Israeli actions in Yemen have failed to halt the Houthis’ continued drone and missile attacks during the ongoing war.
???? UPDATE:
The strike In Yemen, happened during the speech of Houthi leader Abdul Malik after Israel received intelligence that the top military leadership of the Houthis and the Chief of Staff are meeting in a secret building in Sana’a.
Looks like a “Red Wedding” type strike.. https://t.co/0tDDIO5qsH pic.twitter.com/2Yjj9g3AEa
— Voice From The East (@EasternVoices) August 28, 2025
A source from the Houthi defense ministry denied that any members of the group had been targeted in the attack, and insisted that Israel was attacking “civilian targets and the Yemeni people because of their positions supporting Gaza.”
Thursday’s strike was the second time this week that Israel has attacked Houthi targets in Yemen.
Multiple strikes rocked Sanaa on Sunday, after the Iran-backed group fired a projectile with a cluster bomb warhead toward Israel on Friday for the first time.
The IDF and the Houthis said Sunday’s strikes hit a facility owned by Yemen’s main oil company, which is controlled by the Houthis, along with a power plant and a military site in an area where the presidential palace is located.
A spokesman for the Houthi-run health ministry said 10 people were killed and 102 others were injured in that attack.

People inspect a damaged petrol station hit in Israeli airstrikes on Sunday, in Sanaa, Yemen, Monday, Aug. 25, 2025. (AP)
Thursday’s strike marked the 16th time that Israel has attacked the Iran-backed rebel group in Yemen, located some 1,800 kilometers (1,100 miles) away.
The Houthis — whose slogan calls for “Death to America, Death to Israel, [and] a Curse on the Jews” — began attacking Israel and maritime traffic in November 2023, a month after the October 7 Hamas massacre in southern Israel.
The Houthis held their fire when a ceasefire was reached between Israel and Hamas in January 2025. By that point, they had launched over 40 ballistic missiles and dozens of attack drones and cruise missiles at Israel, including one that killed a civilian and wounded several others in Tel Aviv in July, prompting Israel’s first strike in Yemen.
Since March 18, when the IDF resumed its offensive against Hamas in the Gaza Strip, the Houthis in Yemen have launched 72 ballistic missiles and at least 23 drones at Israel. Several of the missiles have fallen short.
In response to the Houthi attacks, Israel and a United States-led coalition bombarded rebel-held areas in Yemen, including Sanaa and the strategic coastal city of Hodeida. Israeli strikes knocked the Sanaa airport out of service in May.
The Trump administration in May announced a deal with the Houthis to end the airstrikes in return for an end to attacks on shipping. The terror group, however, said the agreement did not include halting attacks on targets it believed were aligned with Israel.
The post”Israeli strikes in Yemen said to target gathering of Houthi leaders near Sanaa” is auto generated by Nepalisrael.com’s Auto feed for the information purpose. [/gpt3]